STOP STEALING DREAMS: Seth Godin at TEDxYouth@BFS
A thought-provoking video on how the education system ought to evolve and how teachers and educators should start changing their teaching methods.
If its work, they (people) try to figure out how to do less. If it’s art, they try to figure out how to do more.
9 things that will happen in education:
1. Homework during the day, lectures at night. – this kinda reminded me of what we discussed in lecture the other day.
2. Open book, open-note all the time. There is zero value in memorising anything ever again.
3. Access to any course, anywhere in the world, anytime we want to
4. Precise, focused education instead of mass batch stuff
5. Measuring experience instead of test scores.
6. Cooperation instead of isolation
7. Teacher’s role transforms into coach.
8. Lifelong learning with work happening earlier in life.
9. Death of the famous college.